The AAFP has reviewed Tick-borne Diseases, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 01/11/2021 to 01/10/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
- 1.25 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) – Early Lyme Disease (End date March 30, 2022)
Lyme disease is an increasingly common infectious disease in many regions of the U.S. Prompt diagnosis and treatment of early Lyme disease results in better outcomes. This presentation provides physicians with clinically relevant information that will enhance their diagnostic and management skills.
- Understand epidemiologic risk factors for Lyme disease
- Recognize various disease presentations of early Lyme disease
- Understand the trial evidence for the treatment of patients with erythema migrans
- Understand treatment options and the clinical factors influencing management decisions for patients with early Lyme disease