List of active policies
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS? HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DATA BREACH CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education, doing business as LymeCME (“LymeCME”, “we”, “ us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords, and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Services or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or Apps or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; current and former address; phone numbers; email addresses; business email; business phone number; business entity filings, corporate affiliations, and business associates; government licenses, professional licenses, hunting/fishing permits, and weapons permits; social media; and other similar data.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect data collected from surveys; and other similar data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy: https://www.lymecme.info/admin/tool/policy/view.php?versionid=3.
Online Identifiers. We collect tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; device's geolocation; and other similar data.
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), an operating system, version information, and IP address.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services or Apps that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services or Apps.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal requests, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services or Apps, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead
Bing Ads, Facebook Audience Network, Google AdSense and ZOHO CRM
- Allow Users to Connect to their
Facebook account and Google account
- Cloud Computing Services
Google Cloud Platform
- Communicate and Chat with Users
- Content Optimization
Google Site Search and MailChimp widget plugin
- Data Backup and Security
Amazon Glacier and N3RD.Media
- Functionality and Infrastructure
Termly.io and N3RD.Media
- Retargeting Platforms
Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Remarketing, Google Ads Remarketing, Google Analytics Remarketing, and LinkedIn Website Retargeting
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
Facebook advertising, Facebook social plugins, LinkedIn advertising, LinkedIn social plugins, Instagram advertising, and YouTube social plugins
- User Account Registration and
Auth0, Facebook Login, Firebase Authentication, Google OAuth 2.0, Google Sign-In, LinkedIn OAuth 2.0, MailChimp OAuth2 and Windows Live Connect
- Web and Mobile Analytics
Facebook Ads conversion tracking, Facebook Analytics, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Yahoo Ads conversion tracking
- Website Hosting
- Website Performance Monitoring
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services or Apps offer you the ability to register and log in using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make the public.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Log into your account settings and update your user account.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
■ Access your account settings and update preferences.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
■ Click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding the calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California and have a registered account with the Services or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education
PO Box 84
Wyoming, MN 55092
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- What Are Cookies
- Disabling Cookies
- The Cookies We Set
- Third Party Cookies
- More Information
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers a newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribe/unsubscribed users.
Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
- Using Our Services
- Privacy and Security
- Your Content in Our Services
- Our Warranties and Disclaimers
- Liability for Our Services
- About These Terms
Using Our Services
We put a lot of work into creating this website and providing the best experience possible.
This Site and our Services are provided solely for your exclusive personal, educational, non-commercial use for general medical review and should not be relied upon to treat patients or diagnose disease. You agree to use the Site and Services only for lawful purposes and the permitted uses described above. No other use of Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education, the Site, or our Services is authorized.
Your use of our Site or Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content that you access. You agree that you have no right to resell, publish, transmit, redistribute, participate in the sale or transfer of, modify, compile, or create derivative works based in whole or part on the Site or our Services.
Privacy and Security
Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education is committed to providing online privacy and security to users of its Site and takes precautions to protect our users' information.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Your Content in Our Services
Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content.
When you upload or otherwise submit content, you give Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education an unrestricted right to use, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publish, and distribute such content for the purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services and to develop new ones. Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education shall have no financial or other obligation to you when you submit such information.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
The information in this Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education production is compiled from sources believed to be reliable and exhaustive efforts have been put forth to provide the best information and services possible.
TYPOS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, ETC. ARE POSSIBLE AND, INDEED, LIKELY. PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION DOES NOT WARRANT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES.
BY USING OUR SITE AND SERVICES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THEY ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR SERVICES THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE HEREIN ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND LIABILITY.
PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE INDEPENDENT MEDICAL JUDGMENT OF A PHYSICIAN RELATIVE TO DIAGNOSTIC AND TREATMENT OPTIONS OF A SPECIFIC PATIENT’S MEDICAL CONDITION. IN NO EVENT WILL THE PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DECISION MADE, TREATMENT PROVIDED AND/OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE CONTENT AND/OR PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION
CLINICAL JUDGMENT MUST GUIDE EACH CLINICIAN IN WEIGHING THE BENEFIT OF ANY DIAGNOSTIC INTERVENTION OR TREATMENT APPROACH AGAINST THE RISK OF THE INTERVENTION OR TREATMENT. DOSAGE, INDICATIONS, AND METHODS OF USE FOR PRODUCTS REFERRED TO VIA PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION ARE NOT NECESSARILY THE SAME AS INDICATED IN THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR THE PRODUCT AND MAY REFLECT THE CLINICAL EXPERIENCE OR EXPERTISE OF THE INDIVIDUAL AUTHOR.
ANY DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES OR TREATMENTS SHOULD NOT BE UTILIZED BY CLINICIANS OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS WITHOUT EVALUATION OF THEIR PATIENTS’ CONDITIONS, AND OF POSSIBLE CONTRAINDICATIONS OR RISKS AND WITHOUT A REVIEW OF ANY APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCT INFORMATION AND COMPARISON WITH THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF OTHER AUTHORITIES.
In other words, be good medical professionals. This is an informational resource; it is not intended to be used as a patient management cookbook.
Liability for Our Services
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES OR OUR CONTENT IS TO STOP USING PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION AND/OR THE CONTENT.
YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “EXCLUDED DAMAGES”), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION OR ANY OF THE CONTENT AND/OR WITH ANY DECISIONS MADE, TREATMENT PROVIDED AND/OR ACTIONS TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE CONTENT AND/OR PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR DATA; ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, DENIAL OF SERVICE, ATTACK, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR COMPUTER VIRUS; OR THIRD PARTY THEFT OF, DESTRUCTION OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION, EQUIPMENT OR PROPERTY, EVEN IF THE PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES.
FURTHER, PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY, BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WITH THESE TERMS OR WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF (I) ANY NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF ANY PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION OR PARTNERSHIP FOR TICK-BORNE DISEASES EDUCATION PARTY OR (II) WHETHER THE LIABILITY SOUNDS IN NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LEGAL LIABILITY; AND WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THOSE STATES, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising directly or indirectly from or related to your use of Partnership for Tick-borne Diseases Education, the Site, or our Services.
About These Terms
If there is a conflict between these terms and any additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict. If you do not agree to the modified terms, then you should discontinue your use of the Services.
If any provision hereof is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, it shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force without being invalidated in any way.